C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:03:42 -0700
You are right that most health insurance policies(
here in the USA) won't pay for a hearing aid( much
less two) they do in fact pay for CI surgery. There is
no earmold with the CI. There is also absoultely no
feedback from a CI either.I did try the most powerful
hearing aid the year prior to surgry because to my way
of thinking it's much better to pop in a HA then have
them drill your head. Here in the states there are 3
companies to choose from and all come with BTE
versions as well as body worn processors. I have the
N24C and am still thrilled with all that it has
returned to me. I'm even using the phone a little bit
at work. If anyone is interested in investigating
further in regards to the CI email me and I'll try to
give you a loical CI center to contact to be evaluated
at. It really is a blessing...
Joanne