C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bettina Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2007 13:48:50 -0700
Mag, I had hip replacement surgery in 2001.  Before the surgery, I was in pain 24/7, today I get slight pinches of pain when I move wrong and sometimes I do get spasms which last a few days to a few weeks.  Recuperation was not an easy thing for me, but each person is different.  Overall, I can say the quality of my life has improved 95%.  The prostheses out today are much better and can withstand spasticity if that's what concern the orthopedic surgeons (shame on some who don't know the latest procedures out there).  I have three male CP friends who are at least 10 years older (I'm 50) than me who have had hip surgery.  I'm ccing them in the hopes they'll share their experiences with you. If you have any specific  questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Tamar Raine <[log in to unmask]> wrote:   My Doc confirmed my feeling about my hip. xrays do show severe damage. He g=
ave me the names of two orthopedists. I was just curious if any on this lis=
t have had hip replacements? How did it go, and has it helped?=0A=0AThanks,=
=0AMag=0A =0A~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~=0Ahttp://www.zazzle.com/Tam=
arMag*=0ATamar Mag [log in to unmask]

http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?SUBED1=3Dc-palsy

Thanks, Bettina - "Crack a smile, its nature&#39;s best addictive medicine.  Laughter is like inner jogging".

http://profiles.yahoo.com/techwriter4u2