C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Barbara Hadley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 2013 19:35:31 +0000
Hopefully, NC will take a lesson from the recent events in Virginia.  The Fed govt demanded that all the institutions be closed.  Virginia had to foot the bill for getting people back into their homes, or in certain situations, alternative placement.  This, of course, overwhelmed the DD/ID wait list.  Then the Fed made Virginia offer $3,000 annually (to be used for documented services) to those of us on that waitlist, since our number will not be coming up as soon.  I'm good with that.

Barbara (mom to Tina)