C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 09:23:06 -0500
Mr. Conaway,

For whom are you bitching?  Yourself or all of us here on the list?  Sounds
like you have a chip on your shoulder, my young friend.  Take it from
someone who was near "normal"--using our culture's yardstick--and now
struggles to perform tasks that were once both fluid and effortless:
cerebral palsy, and all its baggage, sucks.  If some of us find relief in
Pfizer's latest, what is that to you?

Yes, it is incumbent upon the patient to be aware of the risk/benefit ratio
of any treatment regimen, but because some of us utilize products that have
an unnatural, albeit therapeutic, effect on our damaged neuro-systems is no
reason to compare us to sheep unto slaughter.

You have caught many a herring in your net of generalization, Matt.
Unfortunately, they are all red.

-Kyle