C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 14:11:49 EST
In a message dated 2/26/04 5:45:57 PM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:
I wouldn't give up on getting the university to
do what is the law.  I would put something in wrting about what happened and
how the school has been negligent in meeting your needs.  Request, and
perhaps even demand that they get you the temporary services you need while
you are hurt and then push for them to make the accomodations to doors etc.
Hi Linda,

I am filing a lawsuit againist the school. elieve me if I was physically able
I'd be down at that Access office everyday. The big problem fighting all of
this is time. I've already missed 5 weeks of the semester trying to work
something out. It would be extremely difficult to catch up now... not to mention if
it took another few weeks to force them into accomadations. The only thing
suffering at that point would be my GPA, so it was definitely better to medically
withdraw. I still intend to hang them for it. Unfortunately College is not
like IEP days where your teachers had to hold your grades and give you private
tutors if the IEP team messed up. Besides which there is no substitue for being
in the classroom as far as feedback from other students.

It is a mess, but the time is how they get you. Drag it out long enough and
you can't recover academically.

CJ aka Christina Jo
"Blood to blood I summon thee. Bring back the power of three!" ~Piper
"Charmed Again"

Believer in the only TRUE power of 3... LOVE, COMPASSION, STRENGTH