C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gary Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 22:22:50 -0800
On Wed, 16 Feb 2000, Bobby Greer wrote:

> Deborah,
>
>     Believe me, pray God delays yhose hormone secretions as long as possible.
> Last I worked with a distraught mom whose 9 year old daughter was already in
> a sexual relationship!

I had to read this twice, and I'm still not sure I belive what I read
here!

In my daily life, I always try hard to not judge those around
me.  Even if I find myself tottaly discusted by someone's point of
view or acctions, I bite my tung and just go on with my life.

Bobby, I realize that do to the nature of your job, you cant say any
more about this even if you wanted to.  The same thing aplys with my
job at the Regional Center.

But I just have to ask you this.  From where you sit, do you think
there is any way this 9 year old could have gotton some intervention
waaaaay early on.  I mean my God! if the Mom was even half together,
she might have at least told the kid something about what she might be
in for if she didn't look out!!  This is soooo sad.

Gary