C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 21:47:04 EDT
<< I agree with you 100% - drug addicts and alcoholics do not need to be
 covered by the ADA, nor are they.  Same for obese people - no one is forcing
 them to overeat, either.

 Kat >>

I think that statements like that push the world of the disabled back a bunch
of years...do you really believe that people with addictions or alcoholism or
moribound obesity are doing it on purpose anymore than my son wants his CP??

 I do not know where or where not they are covered by the ADA, but as we try
to change peoples minds about people with disabilities, lets shy away from
enforcing ither stereotypes and biases...

(getting off my soap box now...

David