C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2006 03:03:43 +0100
On Tuesday 31 October 2006 01:05, ken barber wrote:
> they will be as per the military code of justice. they
> will have lawyers, but, unlike in the civilian courts,
> in the discovery process a judge will have to decide
> on how much information can be given based on what is
> highly clasified and could compromise agents in the
> field.

Fair enough, that would affect a maximum of 5%, those actually captured by US
Troops.

Many of the Bounty Hunters high tailed it after collecting the bounty, rather
difficult to call as either a defence or prosecution witness.

> this will keep some things away from the new
> york times.

But not very much since 95% were just "handed over", so cannot have
any "highly classified" component with regard to American Personnel. The
Nuremberg Trials were open to press and public. The Administration may feel
embarrased that after 5 years they have no more evidence than they were
wearing a casio watch, but their blushes should not be spared because that
info is declared as "classified".

> and as per congression act, now there will
> be an appeal right to the federal circuit for DC.
> considered to be the 2nd highest court in the U.S.
> this is a right never given to enemy fighters in our
> history. this is to stike a balence between no appeals
> and the endless appeals process in our civil courts
> and the practice of shopping for the best court likely
> to rule one way or the other that goes on in our civil
> courts system.

The US civil courts system is very broken, I agree.

Cheers

Deri