C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Sep 2007 19:24:41 +0100
On Monday 17 September 2007 18:33, Trisha Cummings wrote:
> Hi Ken,
>
>   Here's what was on the front page of the Washington Post website.
>
>                 Enjoy - Trisha

<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/09/16/AR2007091600607.html?hpid=topnews>

<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/linkset/2006/05/03/LI2006050300853.html>

Hi Trish,

Ken is not arguing that global warming isn't happening, he just feels that the
reasons for the warming are not substantially due to human activity, rather
that it is due to varying solar output.

The problem with this view is that it means there's nothing we can do about
it, you can't turn down the thermostat on  the sun!! However, if global
warming is due to human activity there are plenty of things individually we
can do.

Ken is also correct that there is less consensus on what the long term EFFECT
of global warming will be (he confuses this with uncertainty about whether it
is man-made or not - on which there is now overwhelming consensus that it is
the major contributary factor (including Mr Bush's chief scientist Professor
John Marburger <http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/6994760.stm>).

Cheers

Deri