C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2008 12:29:27 -0600
Logan,

Welcome!  Do you work at all with the UMKC UCEDD?  Carl Calkins Laura
Walker or Jenny Reed might have some people more local that can answer
your questions without as much "noise in the channel."  That said, you
are most welcome here, and we'll help out any way we can.

All three of my (not too schizophrenic) identities are included below.

Kendall Corbett
Coordinator of Consumer Activities
Wyoming INstitute for Disabilities - WIND
College of Health Sciences
University of Wyoming
1000 E. University Avenue, Dept. 4298
Laramie, WY  82070
(307) 766-2853
www.wind.uwyo.edu

Kendall

47 year old trilobite diagnosed in 1960, shunted in 1961, diagnosed
with cerebral palsy in 1963, intraoperative stroke during a shunt
revision in 1977, resulting in left hemiplegia.  Shunt free since 1978
(fenestrated cerebello-pontine angle cyst) - the "silver lining" to
the stroke and an infection in 1977.  I've worked in the disabilities
field for the last 20 years, and have been married to Janet, IMHO, the
most wonderful woman in the world, since 1997.

(from a list relating to hydrocephalus)

--

Kendall

-George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950