C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 09:01:16 EST
In a message dated 03/02/2000 8:07:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Sometimes I know the stimulus that starts this phenomenon, usually not.  It
 isn't CP related.  If you're prone to a fast heart rate, you need to be
 careful of common stimulants like:

 caffiene
 decongestants like Sudafed
 epinephrine
 lidocaine or xylocaine
 any vaso-constrictor

 What a great medical explanation Kyle!  My reaction to xylocaine has never
been medically assessed, but I can tell you that I drink coffee and soda like
there is no tomorrow (oh my, I hope that wasn't a prophetic comment).  I have
already had five cups of java this morning.  I don't seem to have ill effects
from that in terms of heart rate, but if I don't have coffee every few hours
I get a terrible headache.  I guess this means I am physically addicted.