C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 18:49:22 -0500
Hi Joy,

           Glad you enjoyed this!!  Its a super site!! A strange thing
happened to me not long ago - I work with a woman from Afganistan - at my
part time job. I wished her a Happy Eid, and ask if she could tell me a bit
more about her Religion becasue I knew very little and I receited the few
things I did Know. She was so excited,  she got tears in her eyes - and she
said - I was the first non-family member to wish her a Happy Eid - She had
been here twelve years and no one has said that much less ask about her
Religion. I was ashamed and yet truly understood - For I remembered being
this excited when a non-Pagan sent me a card for a holiday. As a Priestess -
I encourage the study of other Religions, as a Mom - I joined the Unitarian
church so my daughter could go thru their Religious Education ad was
thrilled when she went to an Islammic Mosque, Buddhist Temple, Jewish
Synagogue, as well as Baptist and Catholic Churches. I decided then - I
could remember others on their Holidays - and share their important things
with others. It doesn't make me real popular in some quarters.  LOL

                                         Brightest Blessings
                                               Trisha