C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
lawrence keplinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 13:25:14 +0000
<P>Last night I went for my first acupuncture treatment, I did not get
stick yet.  My friend Jody is
almost finished his Master's in acupuncture and offered me to be his
last paitents as a student. The
first appointment was more of an interview and evaluation session.  He
ask everything from how I ate
and how it comes out, to how I sleep and if I keep company during that
time. The next thing Jody was
to poked around my body at different points.  Then he did a test to see
how balance my body is, or
something like that. For this Jody used a instance stick to see how
close it could get to each finger
and toe before it was painful.  Jody decided the first thing we will try
to work on through the
treatments, is my sleeping patterns.  I just do not sleep good, infact I
hate sleep maybe it is from
my C.P.

<P>Posted 11/18/99

<P>I went for my second treatment of acupuncture and this time jody
broke out the needles.  He is
working my back for now, this first time was see to witch point work and
witch did not.  These test needle
also pulled out the "porstion",  around the test needle got read I do
not really know what this means.
The needles did not go in too far, in fact they kept falling out.
During the insertion of the needles
I felt some more then other. In addition while they were in the feel of
have them in me come in waves.
During the treatment felt very relax and still, I almost fell to sleep.
I think I sat there a hour
with the needles in me, Jody said I would be so tired after the
treatment.  I did not think I was tier
than usual, but I did notice that my move was decreased for the rest of
the night.

<P>Posted 11/26/99

<P>Third week of treatment, boy this one was pain. Jody did a few things
at the same time plus he used
bigger need, so this week the pain was consent and not waves of stings
like last week. Because of the
pain I was not as relax during or after the session.  Although it still
slowed down my movement after
wards.  Last week I did have a few nights of better sleep.  I found out
that the needles were falling
out because of my movement, this week they were falling out like crazy.
I was so lucky, last night
when went to change close, I found a needle in my undies.  Can you
imagine how ugly that could have
been?  Did you know that acupuncturist do not always leave the needles.
If they want decrease the
energy to that point, the needle stays in. When the energy needs to
increase at the point, they only
stick the point with the needle.

<P>Posted 12/1/99