C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 11:48:59 -0500
Hi Fellow listmates:

I'm going to combine this all in to one E-Mail.

First , I would like to introduce myself.  I was born on July 5, 1971.  It
was a complicated birth. . .  I couldn't cry , breathe or suck.  The doctors
thought I would be a vegetable the rest of my life.  As a result of all of
this , I was diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy at the age of three a half .  I
am very physically disabled because of all of this.  I can't walk , talk ,
or feed myself in the 'normal way."  When I was four years old , I was the
Cerebral Palsy Poster child.  I went to Day Care for that had disabilities
and Early Childhood.  Then I went through all of school.  When I was in
fourth grade , I was put in to a special education class in school. I used
to to drool a lot and I had a surgery to stop that.   When I was a freshman
in high school , I had what looked like seizures but actually it was
suicidal attempts. I won the award for the outstanding handicapped citizen
for the state of Wisconsin.  I went to college and double majored in Data
Entry and Accounting.   I update telephone directories for a living.  I do
about twenty to thirty a year.  I do it right from my home.   I also make
and sell my own greeting cards.  As I mentioned before , I have had a lot of
problems with drepression and suicide.  From 1992 to 1998 I was in
counseling and from 1994-96, I was hospitalized seven times because of this.
The reason of all of this is because I couldn't cope with having a
disability.  My family consists of a father , a mother and three brothers.
I also have seven nieces and nephews .  I collect angels.  I'm really
involved on the Internet.  I'm on several of   ListServs, ICQ, AOL Instant
Messenger , and mIRC.  My ICQ UIN # is 16632777.  My screen name for AOL
Instant Messenger is KJPink.  The servers that I'm usually on on mIRC is
BrightNet or ChatWorks.  I have a Home WebPage .  It is at
http://homepages.msn.com/WindowsWay/kjpink/.

It seems to me like my depression is coming back.  Under my depression is a
lot of rage and hurt.  I don't want to be like this (a person living with
Cerebral Palsy) all of my life.  This past weekend all of the family were
home and they did some activities that I couldn't do and I felt left out.
Is it normal to feel this way?

School was hard for me.  I was put in to a class that I didn't belong.  Also
, I was teased a lot.
AOL Instant Messenger ScreenName KJPink
ICQ UIN # 16632777
http://homepages.msn.com/WindowsWay/kjpink/