C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 09:29:18 -0400
F    L    O    R    I      D     A
Is the land that I love,
where the tourists stay,
The mosiquitos play
Tiny buzzings in my ear....

F -  L -  O -  R -   I  -   D  -   A
Florida!!!!
FLA!!!

Can I play this game to?  I grew up in the great ghetto of the '80's music
scene but, was influenced by many in my family.  My father had an incredible
collection of music, yep even found some Tchaikowsky in there.
Unfortunately, in stead of letting me inherit all that, it was thrown away.
ARGH but, from him I've gotten my love of eclectic music styles everything
from Rocky mountain breakdown, do wop, to yes even a little bit of rap
"Hammer time, do,do, doit, can't touch this..."

Went to see Les Miserable (after having the CD for years), earlier this year
in Orlando.  Husband almost fell asleep, I cried at the end.  How do they
make such beautiful sounds come out of there mouths like that?  Love the
music from the Broadway version of Lion King, WOW!!  and a lot of the old
stand bys.

Lately have fallen in with Ken Burns Jazz CD compilation.  I've caught bits
of the video and was just floored.

Love the NPR program Sound and Spirit with Ellen (Helen?) Kuschner, where
she brings music from around the world to illustrate a theme such as home
coming, motherhood, Yom Kippur, etc.  Catch through streaming if you can,
it's a very powerful program.

Alright I babbled, it's monday, I'm supposed to be catching up with my
paperwork.

Beth
email address: [log in to unmask]