C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 15:28:54 EDT
In a message dated 7/14/02 3:13:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< think we've  become label happy as a society. I was born with CP, but I
 don't think if you become overweight or have a doctor say that your child
 has ADHD or is bi-polar should automatically qualify you for the same type
 of services as those of us who are born with the disability.

 Burke >>

of course people do not qualify; even someone who has CP in a mild form may
not need servcies or accomodations... and there are some people who have
Bi-Polar Affective Disorder has enough of a disability to warrent services;
even ADHD or diabetes...it really should be based on need; not label........

David