C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dina Dror <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 20:39:30 EDT
Hi,

Another way to deal with strabismus is with vision therapy.  I go to someone
who has helped many, many people over the years to correct their vision with
exercises.  I, myself, have gone down from a -7.75 in one eye and -7.25 with
some slight astigmatism to between -3.00 and -4.50. It takes time, but it
does work if you have the right person to work with.  She has worked with
babies as young as 10 months old, to adults with bifocals and trifocals.  She
has had good results.

It's painless, fun and challenging and noninvasive.  Something to think
about.  For babies, she helps the parents to train them to use their eyes
more correctly.

Dina