C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Macaulay <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Macaulay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Dec 2005 18:16:37 -0500
Rachel,

While I don't have enough detail about your medical history from your post
and am certainly no doctor, I would recommend stretching out your lower
back/glutes as soon as you wake up before you even get out of bed.  Bring
your knees to your chest, both legs and one at a time, then do the same
slightly twisting to one side.  Then cross one leg over the other and pull
the underside leg towards your chest to stretch the glutes.  If I do that I
notice much less stiffness and pain in my back.