C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bettina Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Nov 2005 01:24:40 -0600
Rayna, I started having the same types of problems you described about two
months ago.  It's probably from lack of standing and poor circulation.  The
condition is called edema.  You'll probably be put on a diuretic, be told to
wrap your feet and legs in ace bandages (I can't tolerate it myself), keep
feet/legs at heart level as much as possible, drink 66 oz. of water daily (I
haven't drunk that much yet), and to continue with what you started (no more
sodas, pizza, Chinese, everything I love).  It looks like taking a diuretic
will be a lifelong thing for me because the swelling returns when I stop
taking it. I'd be interested to hear what the doctor tells you.  Isn't aging
fun?

Thanks, Bettina "Crack a smile, its nature's best addictive medicine.
Laughter is like inner jogging".