C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anee Stanford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 15:22:41 EDT
Hi Ann-

First of all welcome to the list.  My dad is an Assistant Professor of
Periodontics at Baylor College of Dentistry in Dallas.  We live in a town
that is just north of Dallas called McKinney.  The problem is not that there
is nothing to do so much as there is no way to get to were you want to go
unless you can drive.  DART dosn't service McKinney, and my mom is perfectly
happy to stay at home all day.  Texas is a great place as long as
transpertation is not a problem.  McKinney is also genrally not serviced by
Taxies except shuttels to DFW international.

I am attending Idaho State University where I major in Health Care
Administration and pre-physical therapy.  In Pocatello we have city buses,
taxies, and the town is also set up to be pedistrian friendly which I have
not found to be the case in the dallas or houston areas for the most part.  I
just wish there was some way I could take advantage of being in Dallas when I
am here insted of just sitting at home all day.

Anee

In a message dated 7/21/2000 11:06:51 AM Central Daylight Time,