C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ken barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 06:16:58 -0800
  i am progressing  on this. driving was okay, getting
out of the car and  walking afterward was iffy.
  this does not happen often, but every time it does,
it gets longer in recovering.
   when i feel those muscles consticting in the back
at the hips, i have 1, maybe 2 seconds to grab hold of
something to stedy myself. i usually have to go down
and on my back until i can get ready to try to get up.
i walk in a almost 90 % angle. get my cane out becouse
it helps me not to fall forward as that angle is not
the normal balance. takes several days to get over it.
i can sit a while even today, and when standing up, it
takes a few minutes to get straightened up before i
start making steps.
  oh, it is so much fun.