C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 14:28:57 EST
In a message dated 02/12/2000 12:51:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< What is asexual?  Kathy

 Okay -- I'll be serious now.  "Asexual" 1.  Not having sex, No sex, Nada,
Squat, Diddly.  2.  Not getting any.

Causes are varied.

a.  Sometimes the couple in question can be so stressed and busy that
interest in sex takes a back seat.

b.  Sometimes, after having been married for many years (or months as the
case may be) the couple tends to wake up, look over at each other and think
"you again?"

c.  Sometimes it's just a "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" kind of
thing.
The first symptomatic presentation of this causal factor may be recurring
headaches (this symptom often presents in the case of causal factor b. as
well).

d.  Lack of viable heterosexual partner options (i.e., "All the good ones are
gay or otherwise taken.").

e.  Sometimes, as in my case, thoughts of sex are immediately followed by
thoughts of "been there, done that, bought the tee shirt."  I am, therefore,
asexual by choice.  I am not, however frigid.  I am just tired.  But if I
were to become unasexual tomorrow, my priorities in this regard would be as
follows:

1.  Sex
2.  Sex with a partner.
3. I leave No. 3 open for options.