C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 06:24:19 EDT
Ladies and Gentlemen:

I would like to draw your attention to the fact that today is the third day
of Pomplona, Spain's annual testosterone fest, or Fiesta de San Fermin, where
guys in white outfits with red sashes run down the streets alongside/ahead
of/behind the bulls.

Bully for them.  HA!  Bully!  Get it?

In anticipation that there might be those with disabilities who wish to
participate in the Bull Run (not to be confused with The Battle of...), I
have written a letter to the Committee for Useless and Stupid Suggestions
(CUSS) with regard to provision for disability accommodation.

Inasmuch as persons with disabilities sometimes run more slowly than TABs, it
seems reasonable to expect the bulls to spot said disabled persons a few
extra yards.  Moreover, due to the fact that disabled people have been
previously banned from the run because of lack of accommodation, one would
think that the bulls would be feeling fairly contrite.  I suspect that they
would like to do this, if only to relieve themselves of the terrible weight
of guilt.

I will share CUSSs reply with you when I am in receipt of same.

On a related topic, I am willing -- at the behest of a mere dare -- to draft
a letter to whichever committee is in authority over running event rules in
the US, and suggest that the annual run with the bulls might be a suitable
alternative for able bodied sports action figures who insist on participating
in marathons using wheelchairs.

That is...if they REALLY want to show me something.