C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bobby Greer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 08:57:39 EST
In a message dated 3/30/00 12:18:19 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< Incidents like this (where people assume my children aren't mine when in
public, even though they look like me) happen at least once a month. A
friend suggested I say that just because my legs don't work, it doesn't mean
my ovaries don't. I howled! Renee >>

We go through some embarrassing moments. Years ago, I took my son andd his
neighbor buddy to an event at a local park. The neighbor kid got an abrasion
in an accident so I took him to to two paramedics in their rig to be attended
to. They fixed him up, but would not release him, Finally, I asked why and in
front of my son and his friend they said, "we can't release him to you. We
have to find someone who is sober!!!"

Bobby