C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 22:14:45 -0400
Joyce,
Thank you so much for your reply.  I teach 6th grade in New Jersey, and
there is an abundance of support form the district and the parents in
setting up this program. What state are you in?
 We will be using Write:Outloud, and Co Writer, along with IntelliKeys.
Several of the teachers who will be working with my student were in a
training session, and will continue to be trained with the technology
throughout the year.  I have an open line of communication with the parents,
and they are extremely supportive of our program.   Some of my question is
related to my expectations of this student, because it seems the more I
convey that I expect, the more he pushes himself.  However, I want to be
realistic while setting high expectations.  I also do not his aide to do his
work, and "enable" him.
Thanks for any suggestions!