C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 May 2002 06:30:52 -0400
Well, 49 years ago, it was even harder to predict how well a disabled child
would do in life, especially when one was as early as I was (6 mos) and as
small as I (2 lbs).  So I was really at risk for everything from severe CP,
to mental retardation, to blindness, etc.  The fact that all I have is mild
spastic diplegia and a hearing impairment, is pure luck, and I'm grateful
for that.

Kat