C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"BG Greer, PhD" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2002 10:33:07 EDT
In a message dated 5/15/02 6:11:47 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

>That's the truth.  But, Amtrak is the biggest system we have.  They really
>need it to work better such as not having to wait for other trains, better
>integration with local transport and services, better terminals, etc.

Beth is correct in somethings, going down to N O, the train was 3 hours late
getting to Memphis. According to one source we talked to, once a passenger
train is behind schedule, it loses its priority to freight trains. We were
behind two freights and lost two additional hours, being 5 hours late getting
there. My comment was directed to improving track beds, which would mean
fewer derailments and smoother rides. The route system is in dire need of
expansion to provide wider coverage. Joyce read where the head of Amtrak was
saying the need more cars and those things cost money.

Bobby