C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rayna Lamb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jun 2001 22:11:13 +0800
Hi everyone.

We have now crashed into winter over here, and I am having my usual
difficulties with the season.  I have difficulty keeping warm in bed
at nights, and the cold accentuates my spasticity.  It is getting down
to 3 or 4 degrees C here in Perth at night which is very unusual.  I
bought a duckdown quilt a couple of years ago, which used to do the
job, and it wasn't too heavy.  I have found that if I have too many
covers on the bed I can't turn over.  Lately though, the quilt hasn't
been enough.  Hot water bottles aren't an option, pouring boiling
water into one is risky, and they are unpleasant when they cool down
during the night.  I was using a wheat pack which I warmed up in the
microwave, but I was told that they have a tendency to spontaneously
burst into flame unless they have air circulating around them
constantly.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can keep warm
at nights (I know I'm setting myself up with this question, but I'm
serious)?  At the moment I'm wearing 4 or 5 layers of clothes to bed
which restricts my movements in turning over.  Any suggestions would
be great.

Rayna
(cold, miserable and cranky, roll on summer!!!)