C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carla MacInnis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 09:31:56 -0300
Kyle, go to my web site, under Publications (I think) and read the article I
wrote about Fibromyalgia - previously published in Ability Network. Or ... it
might be under "Fibromyalgia". There are also links to other resources about
this disease. I have opted to go the herbal/vitamin route with regard to daily
management as the current drug offerings are too sedating and do nothing more
than mask symptoms and create dependence.

  Fibromyalgia has been reported amongst many women who also live with cerebral
palsy; given that, I am convinced that there is a definite correlation, with
regard to the compromised immune system we with cp experience. It is that
compromised immune system that essentially sets us up to be invaded by the
early symptomology of fibro and then the rest of the cycling symptoms take
hold. Break the cycles and you can live reasonably well with this disease.
Fibro is related to the Rheumatoid Arthritis family but does not have the
crippling joint feature. The major feature is generalized all-over achiness and
chronic fatigue.

  Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Carla