C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Emma G Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 12:18:55 +1000
Hello,
thanks to those who have introduced themselves to me.  I guess I joined this list because
just recently I've been feeling "disabled" for the first time in ages.  Can anyone
understand that?  I live fully independently, and have very mild cp which mainly affects
my ability to write (tho' I get sore backs).  I've just returned to a  new uni- Adelaide,
australia- after a few years off, and due to the disability office not providing me with
some basic equipment, I'm suddenly reduced to a whinging disabled kid who can't do
anything for herself.  It is incredibly demoralising.,  I can't really explain it very
well.  I just thought that if anybody understood this frustrating and unjust situation, it
would be others with cp.  Anyway.  I'm tryin to transfer to another uni at the moment,
because I'm tired of fighting and it's not really what I had planned when I  came back to
uni.

Anyway, more about me. I'm 22.  From Victoria originally- that's where my family is.  I'm
studying linguistics, spanish, an aboriginal language and will take up french next year.
I write poetry occasionally, and have a dog called shed.  Shed as in the shed- her
birthplace!!

I look forward to getting to know some of you more