C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 12:55:06 -0500
Anee,

        The ability to anything depends on your desire to do it and your
attitude. Once you have decided you can't do something - you can't.
Successful people aren't necessarliy the most able nor the most brilliant
but the ones who have decided to something and don't let the hurdles stop
them. I never thought I could get a college degree becasue I can't do math.
So I didn't, an did worked for awhile - as long as I had my Blue Cross job,
and my husband - things where peachy keen. Then there came a day when I
didn't have them and my little girl depended me and my being able to give
her a decent depended on a darn college degree and that meant passing a
blasted math course. Not only that I had to take 2 becasue I did so poorly
on the math placement test.  I decided - darn it I can do this!! Yes, it
took a lot of effort - tutoring, extra books and lots of pep talks and
panicky moments - but I did it. I was shooting for a C and I managed a B.
Then I found out I had to take Statistics and I paniced big time and sure
enough I failed it. I had to pass or no BS, so I took again recalibrated the
attitude and I don't think anyone was more surprised than I was when I aced
the mid-term and passed the class with an A. I still hide from math but I do
know if I have to I can do it! Attitude, determination and drive are what
creates success. I am amazed as how bad we limit ourselves with our
thoughts. Go for what you want - it never easy but it worth the fight.

                                             Trisha