C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 31 Mar 2005 09:01:56 -0500
Hey All:

I have a question for you all.  At the grand old age of 52, I'm finding
that my shoulders and hands are feeling the affects of overuse in wheeling
myself about in my manual wheelchair.  I'm thinking of getting a power
assist and was wondering if anyone on this list uses one for their manual
chair.  How does it work? Do you have to take it off and put it in your car
before folding up the chair or can the chair be folded with it in place?
How easy is it to transport?  And how much did it cost?  Would you
recommend it to another manual chair user?

Well, OK, that was more than one question but any feedback is welcome!

Thanks!

Kat