C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ken barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jan 2008 11:38:59 -0800
Feeding Time
There was once a man from the city who was visiting a
small farm, and during this visit he saw a farmer
feeding pigs in a most extraordinary manner. The
farmer would lift a pig up to a nearby apple tree, and
the pig would eat the apples off the tree directly.

The farmer would move the pig from one apple to
another until the pig was satisfied, then he would
start again with another pig. The city man watched
this activity for some time with great astonishment.

Finally, he could not resist saying to the farmer,
"This is the most inefficient method of feeding pigs
that I can imagine. Just think of the time that would
be saved if you simply shook the apples off the tree
and let the pigs eat them from the ground!"

The farmer looked puzzled and replied, "What's time to
a pig?"

Three Gifts
Three sons left home, went out on their own and
prospered. Getting together for Christmas, they
discussed the gifts they were able to give their
elderly mother.

The first said, "I built a big house for our mother."

The second said, "I sent her a Mercedes."

The third smiled and said, "I've got you both beat.
You remember how mom enjoyed reading the Bible? And
you know she can't see very well. So I sent her a
remarkable parrot that recites the entire Bible. It
took elders in the church 12 years to teach him. He's
one of a kind. Mom just has to name the chapter and
verse, and the parrot recites it."

Soon thereafter, Mom sent out her letters of thanks:

"Dear Milton," she wrote one son, "The house you built
is too huge. I live in only one room, but I have to
keep the whole house clean!"

"Dear Gerald," she wrote to another, "I am too old to
travel. I stay at home most of the time, so I rarely
use the Mercedes."

"Dearest Donald," she wrote to her third son, "You
have the good sense to know what your Mother likes.
The chicken was Dee-licious!"

Looking for last minute shopping deals?