C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 17:24:58 -0500
I'm taking a genetics/biotechnology class as my science this semester.  We
were watching a movie about the Human Genome Project today.  It said that
they've identified genes for neurological conditions like Parkinson's and
Huntington's, and are doing gene therapies to replace the damaged genes, and
reduce the effects of the diseases.  I was always under the impression that
neurological conditions were not genetic, but were caused by some sort of
damage to the brain.  Does this new research mean that they might be genetic
after all?  Does that mean they might find a gene for CP?  Has there been
any research done to that effect?  Thanks for any information.  My apologies
to people who get this multiple times, but I've posted it to all of my
disability lists.

~Joy~
http://www.geocities.com/joy0823
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."