C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 22:39:42 EDT
In a message dated 04/17/2001 7:09:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Betty- I am crackin up here at work!!!!!!!!!  LMAO  Hey I have a truly
> disgusting www that I finally got to work... anyone want it... let me know.

> It's about a dog... and it's got voice and it is not nice!!!!!!!!!  (All
the
> better!!!!!!!!!!)

I live to crack you up!

I worked in a nursing home for a very little while, when I was in Waukegan
IL.  There was a man there who had Parkinsons, and was in his early 90s.  He
had the most beautiful head of snow white hair I had ever seen -- I'll never
forget it.  There was only a little bit of receding hairline that I could
tell.  He was such a dear man, and I always thought he was so sweet.  I
imagined that in his younger days he was a very kind person who could have
been a minister or something.  I just had this whole picture in my mind of
who he was, you know?

Anyway, one day I was on his floor and when he saw me, he beckoned for me to
come over to him.  I did, but I couldn't understand what he was trying to
tell me.  I kept leaning in more closely, just to make out his speech because
he had such a difficult time getting the words out.  He had to repeat himself
several times, and I got closer and closer each time.  Finally I was
practically cheek to cheek with him, when I finally understood what this
sweet, dear old man was saying:

"I like your (rhymes with 'cities'),"

What are ya gonna do?  I had to smile.  Well, maybe I didn't have to but I
did anyway.

Send me the dog URL too, okay Miss Paige dear?