C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Susan Moskowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Sep 1999 04:36:34 -0400
Richard,
    My name is Susan and I'm new to the mailing list, but an old hand at attending college despite CP. You have received many letters about this, and I will not waste time (yours or mine) repeating the wealth of good advice they contain.  There is one additional suggestion I will make regarding the book problem.  Many colleges have lockers (just like high school) which students can usually rent for a nominal fee of five or ten dollars per semester.This would give Mary a private space in which to store books coats etc.  Then she would only have to carry the books she needs for each class into the classroom and could go to lunch or attend campus events without having to lug everything around everywhere.  Locker rental arrangements can usually be made through the college's Office of Student Services. If most of Mary's classes are in one building advise her to request a locker in the same place.  I hope this info helps, and good luck to both of you!

                                Susan