C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Beth Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 21:36:06 -0400
Hi Karen,

Interesting point, and I agree, with you about taking the smaller bus fare.  I
had a situation come up not long ago - (I've worked here 21 years), and my boss
asked me if I wanted a "scooter" to get around the hospital with.  (Meaning the
golf cart type thing you see at Walmart).  I told him that unless my job was
entailing a lot more walking - that I would decline the offer.  I guess I feel
like as long as God lets me walk, I want to do it on my own and not give up.  It
wasn't a thing of turning it down because I figured there'd be repercussions of
them buying a handicapped person something - it was just a personal choice.
There may come a day I need a scooter - when I do, I'll gladly let 'them' get me
one if they still want - but right now......  my answer's no, on that one!

See ya
Beth

--
Don't forget to visit http://rvs.netporch.com/ for RVS fan pics, rvsfans