C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Virginia Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2008 12:14:42 -0600
Boys often rough house as a part of their play. While I understand that schools have to put strict limits on that sort of thing, as a parent I hesitate to lay down those same absolutes. When Daniel is playing with his older brother, his male cousins, or his male friends, I see them wrestling, tackling, bumping into each other, etc. -- all in good fun. Occasionally one will get hurt, cry a little, get a band-aid and a kiss, and then run right back out into the fray. According to Dr. Leonard Sax ("Why
Gender Matters"), this kind of play is important for boys.

Of course, learning civilized behavior is also important. I was hoping to find a kids' book on behavior that explains the rules in an easy-to-understand format. Oh, well, maybe I'll write one myself.

> Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 17:45:56 -0400> From: [log in to unmask]> Subject: Re: Explaining the difference> To: [log in to unmask]> > Why tell him not to push over just kids who are struggling to walk? He> shouldn't be pushing anyone. Just my two cents.> > Kat
Windows Live SkyDrive lets you share files with faraway friends.
http://www.windowslive.com/skydrive/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_skydrive_052008