C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rayna Lamb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 12:29:32 +0800
On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 11:23:31PM +0100, Deri James wrote:
    On Tuesday 17 Sep 2002 3:15 pm, Elizabeth H. Thiers wrote:
    > Usually spiders don't bother me but, I swear we have these big,
    > brown, hairy housespiders, and I think the things are out to get
    > me.  They will actually rear up and hiss at you, they like to wait
    > in the garage and keep me from getting back in the house.  Maybe
    > they are in league with the cockroaches....
    >
    > Beth T. the OT

    Get Rayna to tell you where the "Red Funnelbacks" tend to lurk!!

    Cheers

    Deri

Hehehehehehehehe!!!  Put it this way, you'd be in the right place to
have an extreme physical reaction to them....  Thankfully, they seem
to mainly be attached to the outside toilets.  I think though, that
you mean `redback', or a `funnelback' spider, they are two different
types - but both lurk in similar places, and both are extremely
unpleasent.  But I could be wrong, there might also be a Red
funnelback spider - wouldn't be surprised if they crossbred!

I was out at my parents place in the country many years ago, was on my
way to bed when I saw this HUGE spider in my room (it was THIS big,
really), so I bolted screaming. My father went in to find it, and his
response, `Oh, it's just a huntsman [spider]', but I didn't hear him
properly - still yelling, and yelled `I don't care WHOSE husband it
is, it isn't mine, so GET IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!  That kept all and sundry
laughing for days. :-)

Rayna