C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2006 19:50:02 EDT

In a message dated 04/10/2006 17:16:52 Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

what do  they have to do with your social life mike?
what exactly is their hold on  you?

Those who I've grown up with from Sunbeam School that are still  living are
either married, left the county or are in MR/DD program.  Those  who are not
the parents have them so controlled they can't function on their  own.  There
are very few that I know of that are living on their own  without any agency
assistance.  There is no ADAPT in Ohio as far as I  know.  The SIL program can
only do so much.

For those of you here who believe marriage is priority, SSI is cut  when you
get married and other medical assistance programs.  It may seem  immoral but
that's government for you.

 End  this game before I finish what you started. Face to face everything
will  change.

"Stand Up" by Trapt  _http://www.trapt.com_ (http://www.trapt.com)