C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"K. Salkin" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
K. Salkin
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 05:05:32 -0500
I agree with Bobby; Bush isn't dumb, it's too easy to underestimate him.
He's showing his contempt for his enemies.  Labels and names have the power
to either confer status or demean.  Yes, it may sound like a guy spoiling
for a fight but he is a guy and he is from Texas.  Hell, even my Texan
grandfather, soft-spoken as he was, could give out insulting names in the
politest of company with a straight face.  For sure, Teddy Roosevelt's
'Speak softly and carry a big stick' it ain't.

Money may have got him into Yale (and I wouldn't be too sure it was just
money) but from what I've heard, he didn't do too badly there.  He's not
dumb.

Kat