C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 01:15:07 EDT
Hi all.
I have a question for any and all of you, As some of you know, my daughter
Lizzy Jo is 20 mo and has mild spastic CP.  Hopefully this does not sound
stupid or really dumb.  But I was wondering...... When you are sleeping ...
can or does the CP cause pain( tightening up....)?  She use to sleep through
the nite, but when she hit a year old, we have periods where she wakes up 3
or 4 times a nite.  She has all of her teeth so it can't be that.... alot of
the time its her cry, like shes in pain.  We are in one of these modes now,
so out of desperation to try to figure it out, the other nite gave her a dose
of motrin before bed and she slept straight through, not wanting to drug this
poor child all the time, this question acured to me.  have asked her docs and
therapist this before, but was not satisfied with answers, Doc said no( the
same ones that it took 6 months to convience something was wrong) and the
therapist said she didn't know.  So I'm now asking the experts.(gigggle)  Any
ideas??
Thanks
Cindy Bushnell and Lizzy Jo