C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 14:09:51 EST
In a message dated 12/19/1999 1:14:42 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Joyce - I almost never accept a stranger's offer to help as that is usually
 more trouble than it's worth.  - Bob

When I'm walking through a swinging door, for a brief moment the door is sort
of part of my support system.  When somebody comes behind me and "helps" by
opening the door all the way, they always make me lose my balance a little.
It's almost like knocking out one of my crutches.

Different note: If I could take my chair up and down escalators, I'd really
be impressed with myself.  I understand some people can do this.
Betty