C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2000 16:47:37 EDT
You're right with me Dave.  That's exactly what I was thinking about too.  I
still see this kid with a Tiny Tim crutch.

The last time I thought of a kid on crutches in NY was when I saw one on TV
break dancing.  This kid was too cool and good -- I mean good!  He was using
forearm crutches and didn't bear any weight on his legs at all.  They didn't
even touch the ground.  They put him in the same show with other kids break
dancing; no special or different attention, they just gave him is turn on TV
along with the others.  That show portrayed a normal kid doing a normal thing
with other normal kids.

In a message dated 05/09/2000 7:59:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time,