C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 2001 23:31:26 EDT
Hi Matt,

Jumping at loud noises and unexpected things is part of having CP. It is the
Moro reflex kicking in. You can reduce it with EEG biofeedback. Yes, we all
probably have some sensory integration issues. Tactile defenses is where you
don't like the feel of certain things, right?

There are ways to work through this stuff. NACD is one approach that I highly
recommend for doing this. Email me off list for more information.

Dina