C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 14 May 2005 15:01:36 +0800
Hi Kat,

It's great to be part of the list again!

As you know, I'm not much of a techie.  My computer is from a non-profit
org that refurbishes donated equipment, installs Linux, and gives them
to disadvangtaged, low income types such as myself.  So it's a case of
take what they got, they are great at adapting systems for individual
requirements, though.  And, since I have no great expectations or
knowledge of software, as long as I can do what I want to in a way that
I can understand I'm happy.  I'm not much of a visual person, so things
like emoticons and other icon/picture type thingies, just irritate me
and make my eyes hurt!  While Gome has definite advantages over
Slackware, which I used before (especially when it comes to the
browser), I do miss the easier to use file manger - this one is all
icons, yuck!  Slackware was definitely easier on my eyes - not nearly as
fancy as Gnome, visually.  Still, all and all, I'm having lots of fun
with the new system, and learning all the new things I didn't have
access to before.

Rayna