C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
BrightIs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 15:03:37 -0500
Well it has been another week.  Zachary is still on the third antibiotic medication and still having a bad diaper rash.  He woke up this morning with an eye infection in both eyes, so what's new.
We went to the Pulmonary doctor today and this is what happened.  He said he is still having fluid in his lungs (boy was he furious at Arnold Palmer hospital for releasing Zachary too soon and not calling him in for a consult), so he put him on yet another medication, it is called Flovent, maybe some of you have heard of it.  He also has ordered a swallow study, I guess because Zachary is choking on some of what he eats and drinks.  Also he wants him to have a pulse/oxometer.  Of course Medicaid won't pay for this and this little machine cost about $700.00.  So I will be taking him to CMS (Children's Medical Services) here in Orlando and hooking him up with them, they will pay for this machine,bad thing about that is we will have to change primary pediatrician, but I think I will still use his old one as well.  Anyway, he also wants us to push the GI doctor next week into sending us on to a Nutricanist.
Other than all of this he is doing fine, up to his usual self.  And boy am I loving it.
Thanks and good luck to all and God bless.
Deborah mom of 4