C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bobby Greer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 01:29:37 EST
In a message dated 2/22/00 6:23:13 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< But I just have to ask you this.  From where you sit, do you think
there is any way this 9 year old could have gotton some intervention
waaaaay early on.  I mean my God! if the Mom was even half together,
she might have at least told the kid something about what she might be
in for if she didn't look out!!  This is soooo sad.

Gary

    Your comment was absolutely right about confidentiality. I don't know why
this mom picked me, except that she was in my group. At the time we were
between group sessions and there were 3 femalle facilitators she could have
talked to. I think Mom may have been "shining me on" as we say in this
business. It's a phrase for conning in order to curry favor.

Sad but true.

Bobby