C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathleen Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Feb 2010 19:26:44 -0500
I see what you're getting at, Bob, but I do see practical limitations,
namely that such cases that occurred so long ago might be hard to
prosecute.  Also you might run up against what was perceived as the
widely-accepted paternal relationship between a medical professional and
patents.  You might be more successful with more recent cases.

Also consider the fact that many of the principals in such cases are no
longer living, unless you found written evidence, which I'm not sure would
be admissible.  I do hope you succeed though, because fear of PTs and other
therapists can be hard to overcome (as I can attest with my fear of
dentists).

Kat