C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gary Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 22:39:41 -0700
On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Angela VonMaurer wrote:

> The guy said she would have to get in and out of the bath and sit in it with
> the jets on and wash herself while the jets were on. She is unable to get in
> and out on her own. She can sit on her own but may lose her balance with the
> jets if they were up on high force. What got me was the way it was said and
> also the fact that we were told by someone else who worked there that they
> did have a lift to get her in and out.

I wonder if you could have gone in with her?  I would think in a
situation like that, there would have been enough room for you to go
in together.

Also I would have asked, if you were told there would be a lift
avalable, then where was it?!!  Sounds like someone there was just
waaaaa lazy &didn't want to do there job!!-Gary